Is it difficult to find the best blogging platform for you? It’s a comprehensive list, and it can be daunting to try to wade through all of the various choices.
It’s important to examine the competition to find the correct platform so you’re not selecting the wrong BLOGGING PLATFORM, but how much time do you have?
So, how do you determine which blog site would you like to use?
Don’t worry, you’ve arrived at the right spot. We’ve gone through all the different blogging platforms so you’ll have more than enough time to know before making a choice.
Before we get started, here’s a quick rundown of what our best blogging platform guide will cover.
Which blogging platform do you want to use? You have to make a choice; you cannot avoid it!
Before you make your decision, you need to weigh a lot of factors. It is important to choose the correct platform to select the one that appeals to you and your preferences, not just the one that everyone says is perfect.
In that case, what is it that you are looking for? How do you decide where to start a blog?
Which Blog Site Should You Use? How to Decide
- Ease of use – If you are new, look for a platform that has a smooth setting, has a low learning curve, and does not involve any coding skills.
- Options for monetization – wondering which blogging platform makes money best for? If you want to make money with your blog, then you can choose one that has customization, supports third-party plugins, allows third-party advertisements, and allows you to easily generate your own income.
- Scalability – Another thing to think about is whether the platform you’ve selected will help you scale your blog and get more features later on.
- Price – When you are just starting a blog, the price is a significant factor to take into consideration. While there are some free blogging platforms to consider, you typically get what you pay for.
Switching to a new blogging platform can be an incredibly daunting job. It’s vital for you to choose the correct one from the start.
Now, that you understand how to choose the best blogging platform, we shall list down and evaluate the best blogging sites for you.
Let’s compare the Best Blogging Platforms that can be used for Blogging
Let’s look in-depth at each, including the merits and demerits of each blogging platform.
1. WordPress. org
For several reasons, WordPress.org is a Content Management and self-hosting blogging platform (CMS), which would be the number 1 on our blog list. Since it was founded in 2003, 33.4% of Internet users use WordPress!
The BBC, Wired, Time Magazine, Beyonce, Jay-Z, the Rolling Stones, Harvard University, and New York Post have used wordpress for their work
WordPress is popular, and it is 100% open source and free and easy to use. It is also highly customizable, fast and effective for SEO (search engine optimization).
Not certain if WordPress is your best blogging platform? Let’s speak about the benefits and drawbacks of just using WordPress on your blogging site.
- The installation process is simple.
- You have full control over the customization with different design choices of the features of your website.
- By adding features such as pay membership, forums, or an online shop, you can grow your blog. It’s the best blog platform for making money from WordPress.org.
- By adding features such as membership options, forums, or even an online store, you can create your blogs. It’s the best blogging platform for making money from WordPress.org.
- Basic enhancements are easy, and there can be a bit of a learning curve if you want to add more complex enhancements.
- Since it is self-hosted you must take responsibility for hosting and any technical difficulties, without WordPress hosting being handled.
Who Should Use WordPress.org as their blogging platform?
For everybody who wants to start a blog, WordPress is a great option. As for the people who ask “is it applicable to WordPress?.” Yes, than it has ever been, it is much more important.
Although the WordPress platform is free, you will also need a web hosting plan as well as a domain name. These will start at approximately $7.99 a month and a domain may start at $14.99 a year.
For starters who are just beginning out, this might be a lot of money. So you can go with Fastcomet one of the best web hosting. You can start with Fastcomet in a matter of seconds with WordPress.org.
Medium is a free publishing website that was launched in 2012 and soon picked up steam due to its minimalist design. It’s completely free, simple to use, and comes with a platform to where you can promote your posts.
- It is completely free to download.
- It has its own market to whom you can promote your work.
- You will generate revenue off your blog.
- There are no options for customization.
- There is only one way to make money.
- You will lose half of your audience if you lose your account.
- Professional blogs are not recommended.
Who Should Use Medium as a platform for blogging?
Medium is ideal for occasional bloggers who don’t want to waste money on hosting or domain names but still want to be noticed.
Medium isn’t for you if you want to be a professional writer. it is really unsightly for a blogger to not have no website. Your readers are just not going to take you seriously.
How Much Does Medium Cost?
Medium is 100% free, so you won’t even have to weigh the cost of hosting.
Yet because the content you wrote doesn’t hold, it can be deleted without warning.
Although it is better to use a platform that has power over to keep you from losing your content or losing your audience.
3. WordPress com
WordPress.com and WordPress.org are two separate blogging platforms, just to be clear. WordPress.org is a blogging platform that requires its own domain and hosting. On the other hand, WordPress.com is a blog-hosting website.
Since you’ve to upgrade to the premium plan if you want access to more features. You can get rid of WordPress ads, get your own domain, and use some of their premium themes and plugins if you switch to one of their paid plans.
- Simple to use
- It does not require any installations.
- To start, there really is no fee associated with it
- Since their free plan has advertisements, you’ll need to upgrade to one of their paid plans if you want the site to look professional.
- If you choose the free edition, you won’t be allowed to use the premium software and themes.
Who Should Use WordPress.com?
For new bloggers who want to test the features of wordpress, WordPress.com will be a decent option without the need to invest money on hosting and domain names.
How Much Does WordPress.com Cost?
WordPress.com is free as long as you’re fine with the advertising and lack of options for themes and plugins.
You would have to pay $4 for the Personal Plan, $8 a month for the Premium Plan, and $25 a month for the Business Plan.
Since its establishment, it has been one of the first blogging services on the internet. As a result, it is one of the most easy to use.
Bloggers are often switched to flexible sites such as WordPress because they don’t have plugins and templates, until they know they need their blog.
The built-in Google AdSense helps you turn your blogs into a source of money.
- Easy to signup but require Google account
- Hosted on Google servers
- If you don’t know HTML and CSS, you’ll have few customization options.
- There are no plugins to add more functionality to your blog, and you can’t build an online store for it.
- There are no upgrading options available.
Who Should Use a Blogger?
Blogger is a good option for first-time bloggers who aren’t sure where to go. Blogger is linked to your Google account, making it very simple to set up.
Blogger is perfect for getting your ducks in a row, but if you want to expand your blog, you’ll need to switch to a more scalable blogging platform.
How Much Does Blogger Cost?
Blogger is completely free. When you create a blog, you’ll be provided a subdomain, such as yourname.blogspot.com.
One has to go through a domain registrar either HostGator or Godaddy if you want a custom domain for Blogger.
Tumblr is a microblogging service that allows for greater interactivity than conventional sites such as Blogger and WordPress so you can publish photos and audio and video, as well as text.
Tumblr’s reputation has diminished after Yahoo bought it and compelled it to undergo numerous reforms.
Many Tumblr users have now gone on to other platforms such as WordPress and Weebly.
- It’s completely free.
- Tumblr is straightforward to use.
- Building a strong network means you can help you meet other online bloggers.
- You can post videos, pictures, GIFs, and audio files with ease.
- You can’t not able to earn a profit from your efforts
- The amount of customization available is minimal.
- It looks unprofessional
- Your content is not under your control
- The method of transferring your content to the next blogging platform can still be extremely challenging
Who Should Use Tumblr?
Traditional bloggers may want to avoid Tumblr because the platform’s reblogging functionality prevents them from fully owning their content.
How Much Does Tumblr Cost?
If you’d like to spend money on your blog, you should use a platform that enables your content and provides more flexibility.
Squarespace is a website-building service that was established in 2003 and now powers millions of websites all over the world.
Squarespace is one ideal solution if you want to make a quick and yet visually striking website with hardly any effort.
- Fast to start up and set up without even any development and design experience.
- There is a vast selection of ready-to-to-use templates.
- you don’t have to think about hosting as Squarespace will host it for you
- Isn’t a free account
- Broadly tied to their website
- Since it doesn’t have a lot of customization, it can seem to strain
- Third-party software add-ons are not available
Who Should Use Squarespace?
For the straightforward and less tech-minded, Squarespace is best. It’s best for bloggers who don’t want to spend their time maintaining the website while writing or selling online things.
How Much Does Squarespace Cost?
Unlike most of the companies that offer free products, Squarespace doesn’t have a package that is totally free. Websites and online retailers have two separate forms of plans.
The personal plan costs from $16 to $26 a month. However, annually billed customers to get discounts. The monthly plans for online stores start at $26 and go up to $40.
Weebly offers a simple but effective way to create and manage both professional and easy-to-to-use websites and online stores.
Weebly has many responsive templates and tweaks which give a special look to your blog and fit on any device. Weebly also has SEO features built-in, making search engine optimization a breeze.
Weebly is a good option if you’re looking for a blogging site that allows you to blog and sell things online.
- It’s free, but there are only a few blogging resources available.
- Fast and easy to customize
- The website builder tool is really simple to use: you just drag and drop your item to position it.
- You have a great selection of themes and templates with which to work with
- Weebly has widened its platform, making it impossible to go elsewhere
- If you’ll be blogging for personal or professional use, don’t go with the free plan, go with the plan that has more features instead.
Who Should Use Weebly?
Weebly has widened its platform, making it impossible to go elsewhere
If you’ll be blogging for personal or professional use, don’t go with the free plan, go with the plan that has more features instead.
How Much Does Weebly Cost?
You can use Weebly’s free plan to see what they have to offer without needing to buy something. The free plan hardly provides anything. You’ll need to buy the Weebly package if you want to fully utilize Weebly.
Weebly offers different pricing plans, starting at $12 per month and increasing to $38 per month.
More than 110 million users agree that Wix is a great blogging platform. You can create websites with Wix, that also has drag-and-and-drop features.
As an added perk, you can start your blog using their blogging platform and use their blogging application free of charge.
However, if you want to attach your custom domain you may have to get their premium bundle.
Wix is hosted, which means you don’t have to worry about server-side things. Not for those who want to do something other than blogging.
Wix has an easy-to-use GUI that lets you set up a simple website in minutes.
- Simple to set up; no coding needed
- Themes built to make your site look different
- You can begin an online store but you’ll only be able to use a subset of the features.
- Does not appear to be SEO friendly, unlike the majority of other blogging sites
- Free plan limited functionality
- A tonne of advertisements are seen
- There aren’t many third-party applications to choose from.
- There is no way to modify the theme once you have picked it.
Who Should Use Wix as a Blogging Platform?
Wix is perfect for those who want to easily create simple websites with minimal template customization and who don’t mind simple designs.
Since the WordPress blogging platform has a steep learning curve, Wix is best suited for non-coding bloggers.
How Much Does Wix Cost?
Wix’s plan is $8.50/mo to $24.50/mo. You’ll just have to pay $4.50 for a custom domain.
9. Constant Contact
Because of their reliable and consistent, user-friendly platform and world-class customer service, Constant Contact is now one of the best email marketing services.
They wanted to create their own blog site after responding to a lot of small business owners. The aim is to make it simple and fast to build a professional website, even if you wouldn’t know how to code or design.
Constant Contact’s website builder is completely free to use. Artificial intelligence drives the website builder, allowing it to build a website for you in minutes.
- You can start with Constant website builder for free, unlike other website builders!
- The faster you learn it, the quicker you can create your blog.
- You may freely select from their library of 550,000 templates.
- No matter which platform they’re using on, all of their templates are mobile-friendly
- There is no need to be concerned about hosting or any other technical mishaps.
- They provide 24/7 customer service via email, phone, or website.
- Their online eCommerce store builder is straightforward to integrate into your blog.
- Their affordable plans start at $10 to unlock more advanced features.
- No applications other than Constant Contact website builder are used to create websites and blogs.
Who Should Use Constant Contact?
Small business owners who would like to quickly and easily create a beautiful blog should use Constant Contact’s website builder.
This is due to its A.I. builder, which helps even beginners to build a professional website up and running.
How Much Does Constant Contact Cost?
To get started, Constant Contact is completely free!
You can spend $10 in their starter package to get a personalized domain name (for example, www.example.com) and eliminate all ads. Constant Contact by far is the cheapest website builder on our list as compared to other website builders!
10. Gator Website Builder
The Gator Website Builder was founded by HostGator, which seems to be a large hosting company.
The user-friendly website builder makes it easy for first-time developers.
An amazing WYSIWYG (WYSI What You See Is What You Get) builder is available for Gator to make whatever sort of website you like you’d like.
When there is no free choice, the price of hosting, SSL, and a domain name is still competitively priced at $3.84 per month.
- With their drag and drop builder, it’s simple to get started.
- HostGator takes care of both server maintenance and troubleshooting.
- They also have free hosting, a domain name, and an SSL certificate.
- A limited number of applications
- There isn’t a free account open.
Who Should Use Gator Website Builder?
Gator Website Builder is perfect for first-time bloggers who don’t want to bother with hosting or website maintenance problems.
They have an amazing user interface that makes it easy for bloggers who only want to post without thinking about anything else.
How much does Gator Website Builder cost?
A basic account, which includes free hosting, a domain name, and a free SSL certificate, has a monthly fee of $3.84.
The ecommerce package costs $9.22 a month, while the regular plan is $5.99 a month.
Which is the Best Blogging Platform? – Our Verdict
After checking 10 different blogging sites for 85 hours, we can confidently say WordPress.org was indeed the best!
WordPress is popular for a reason, it’s inexpensive, efficient, and extremely user-friendly.
Bloggers prefer WordPress over any other blogging platform.
Anyone can make a WordPress website. You’ll have numerous WordPress plugins and themes to choose from.
You could use these elements to your own specifications.
Read our guide on How to Start A Blog in 2023 guide process for WordPress. It will make your life much easier.
Please let us know if this guide helps in your decision. If you have any concerns, then be sure to let us know.